Wednesday, April 30, 2008

"Gas Can" Grilli Traded Due to High Gas Prices


Very disheartening news today as the Tigers traded Jason "Gas Can" Grilli to the Colorado Rockies for minor league pitcher Zach Simmons. This is good and bad. It's bad because I loved to defend Grilli to the death when people would jump all over him. But it's also good because it frees up a spot for recently allowed into the country Francisco Cruceta. Rumor has it that Francisco is pretty damn good so that makes me a little happy but as usual, only time will tell.

In other Tigers news, they beat the Yankees today. Bonderman pitched a gem after the first going almost a full 8 innings and allowing only two runs. I wish there was some way he could come into a game in the second inning instead of the first. Bondo is the league's worst first inning pitcher but one of the better arms in the league after the first. Also of note, Placido Polanco, yes THAT Placido Polanco went yard not once, but TWICE for the Tigers in Gotham (Marcus Thames also hit a two run big fly to give the Tigers the lead for good but that's just what he does, playmakers make plays). The Tigers are one game away from sweeping the Yankees in their last visit to the hallowed grounds of Yankee Stadium before they turn it into a smoldering pile of rubble. Robertson will take the bump tomorrow against some Kennedy dude who may or may not be related to THE Kennedy family but I'm pretty sure he's not.

Speaking of possible sweeps, the Wings will attempt to sweep the Avs out of the playoffs tomorrow night in Denver. I wish I could be there but well, I mean come on, I'm not made of money. But I'll be sure to blog about it or something.

Best of luck to Jason Grilli, a lot of Tiger fans won't miss him, but I will.

No comments: