Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


That's Natasha Kai of the US Women's Olympic soccer team. Just wanted to throw that picture up because well, she's kinda hot and I figured everyone who reads this needs to be aware of her. More info on Natasha here.

As for other things, Ozzie and Ribeiro are not going to be suspended just fined an undisclosed amount for the um, altercation at the end of last night's game. This is great news to me because McCarty hopping on the ice when Ribeiro is out there could be very entertaining even to the most casual hockey fan. And yes, I know Osgood embellished a lot after the slash, making things seem worse than they really were but I can also admit that when he crumpled to the ice, my heart stopped working for a second. Not because I was afraid Ozzie was hurt, but more because the thought of Hasek taking back the net has the potential to make me violently ill out of my asshole.

The Tigers game was called off today due to shitty, Ohio-esque weather which is supposed to carry over to tomorrow in the greater Detroit area. Hopefully this will have a "Bull Durham," effect on the team and they'll go on a nice 29 game win streak, or maybe just 4 or 5. I would take 4 or 5.

Finally, it is Mother's day and I just wanted to take this space to tell everyone that my mother could kick your mother's ass. In all seriousness though, to say she is an amazing lady would be selling her short. She married very young to my dad and raised three boys with him two of which seemingly right off the bat. She's been a cheerleading coach for years, a youth group leader at church, a pre-school teacher and the ultimate example of a "Coach's Wife." She wasn't only a mother to us boys, but a mother figure to a countless number of kids in the Grass Lake area throughout the years. Thank you mom for putting up with my brothers and I for so long and for raising us to be the outstanding(ish) young men we are today. For everything you've done over the years, we cannot thank you enough. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Tomorrow is "If I Could Write a Letter To..." day here at TJS so if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Now go call your mothers you stubborn jackasses!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should write a letter to the Tiger's pitching staff. All 5 of them and throw in Dontrell Willis too. That would be fun and entertaining.Do work, Cole, DO WORK! GO BLUE!

Anonymous said...

you should write a letter to richie sexson... or the m's as a whole as to why they are gonna get their asses whipped by the tigers next week hahaha