Friday, May 2, 2008

Na Na Naaaa Na...Na Na Naaaa Na...


To start things off, I would like to refer back to the end of my Tuesday night post...

"...and Samuelsson didn't score a goal. He'll score two on Thursday. I'm calling it."

I'm not saying I'm psychic or anything, I'm just saying...

I feel like I should apologize for my lackluster effort last night but like I'm sure I've mentioned, Coors Light was on special at Sticks in Ypsilanti and my roommates simply would not allow me to stay home and watch the game. It happens. Luckily, the walk back to the bar to get my car pretty much killed the hangover.

Quick recap of yesterday's Detroit sports events...The Tigers swept a three game series with the Yankees in Yankee Stadium (did you guys know that it was the last time the Tigers would ever play there?? Crazy right?) for the first time in 42 years. 42 years! My Dad was three the last time the Tigers swept the Yanks in the Bronx. Ramon Santiago had a huge game and Miggy hit another shot and will probably get plunked soon for all of the posing he does when he, or anyone else hits a big fly. I'm totally cool with that. As a slow pitch softball player, I've hit my fair share of home runs. Some of them you just have to look at because it's a beautiful thing when you've hit something really far. Of course, if I were pitching to me the next time I was up, you bet your ass I'd be firing that softball overhand into my ear. Which would in turn make me charge the mound to kick my own ass?? Oh no, I've gone crosseyed again...what I'm trying to say is I'm cool with Miggy watching his handiwork, and I'm also cool with him getting plunked the next time up, and I'm also cool with him charging the mound afterwards because baseball is a great game!

The Pistons blew out the Sixers last night to finally advance into the second round of the playoffs and I can safely tell you that I watched exactly zero seconds of the game. I'm sure Sheed did something cool and Tayshaun played defense and Chauncey hit a three and Rip ran around blah blah blah blah it's the same thing every year. I miss the old days with Larry Brown and the nasty 74-68 games with all the defense and intensity. But nooooo people don't want to see defense and fundamentals, they want to see offense and And 1 streetball competitions...

As for the Wings, those of you that watched the video probably got the just of what happened last night from it. Except for the whole cartoon guys making out thing, that part just kind of slipped in there. The Avs big guns (Statsny, Smyth, Forsberg, etc...) were all out of the game, Jose Theodore proved to be an expert at letting pucks get by him, and Joe Sakic is contemplating whether he even wants to play the game of hockey anymore.

Johan Franzen nets ANOTHER hat trick, to break Gordie Howe's (yes THE Gordie Howe) franchise record of 8 goals in a playoff series with 9 goals...IN FOUR GAMES!!! MUUUUUUULE!!! Samuelsson and Zetterberg get two goals a piece and I got an assist on Samuelsson's goals for Foreshadowing...Next up for the Wings will be Dallas or San Jose. Dallas is looking to finish off a sweep of their own tonight on Versus...and I'll probably watch because I'm lame and have nothing better to do on a Friday night than watch the Tigers and out of town hockey.




8 Wins Away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big, Big , BIG night for Deet-rout sports. Ya gotta frickin' love it!